giovedì 7 giugno 2012

Exporting to .obj: cool news

I finished working on the "Export to .obj" section, and I was glad I could achieve the same "texture transfer" feature as with the "Export to RenderMan" section.
This means that when exporting to the Wavefront .obj file format (which you can use with your preferred external render application like Lux/Reality, Indigo, Octane etc.), you can optionally have Look at my Hair create a fur texture for you, gathering colors directly from the underlying model and assigning those properly to each hair strand. This is just cool and I wanted to share this information.
Here are two images showing the result of the texture transfer to .obj, and a third image showing the texture created automatically during the export process.

figure

the .obj furred mesh

the fur texture generated during the export process


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento